1. The boys are both in that weird clothing stage where nothing fits perfectly. For Landon, 3T is now too small while 4T is still too big. For Brigham, 18 monthw is definitely much too small (he’s 30 lbs now!) while 2T is a bit too big. It’s so annoying. I feel like they both look a bit homely with their too small/too big clothing because I do not want to buy new winter clothes. I am trying to wait it out long enough for new spring and summer clothes. Sorry, boys.
2. At the urging of Jill, I recently used some blog money to purchase Lightroom 3 to edit my photos. It has been awhile since I’ve had a nice program for post-processing and I’m ready to see where this takes my photography. I am excited at the prospect of the different actions and presets I can use. Problem is finding time to learn it!
3. I chopped my hair off a couple of weeks ago and I’m not loving it. It is a very blunt cut that comes right to my chin. With the addition of my bangs, it looks like I’m wearing a wig. I should have left it long.
4. I’m concerned about Landon’s attention-span at preschool. The teachers always tell me what a good boy he is and how he likes to help. But recently they shared with me that he no longer wants to sit down and do the lessons or art projects. I told them we would practice more at home. I tried to sit Landon down and practice writing his letters but he quickly becomes frustrated and says, “I can’t do it,” which breaks my heart. I want him to know he can do ANYTHING. I told him not to say that but he just gets up out of his chair and says he wants to play. I’m not sure where to go from here. It seems he has very little interest in learning or sitting still. He is already so smart but I want him to love learning. Three-years-old has been a challenge to say the least. He can still be so sweet. But sometimes his attitude is just, um, completely overwhelming.
5. I still have yet to post the second part of my vlog. But since I was called ugly the last time I am so nervous to post another one.
6. I’m so sick of buying diapers. Landon is still not nighttime potty-trained. He never has an accident in the daytime or at nap time. But nighttime is a different story. He wakes up with a very wet pull-up. Not sure when that will change or if it’s supposed to change any time soon. Brigham is still in size 5 diapers. While he is showing some signs of being ready to potty-train, I’m not ready to go down that road just yet. I really wish cloth diapering had worked for our family. When I spend $35 for a box of stuff we throw away, it makes me want to vomit.
7. In September, it will have been five years since Naaman and I took a vacation on our own. Lately I have been daydreaming of a romantic beach vacation for us. I don’t know why but Aruba keeps popping up in my head and I find myself googling Aruba vacations. While we are still knee-deep in paying off our debt, I feel like we’re doing really well and I hope we can reward ourselves with an adults-only beach vacation (paid for in full). Possibly 2013 or 2014. Fingers crossed.
8. I really need to upgrade my iphone. I have the very first version and it takes five minutes to pull up facebook or twitter or instagram. Totally maddening, especially when I just want to check in real quick. I can’t stand to spend $199 when technically, I do have a phone that still works. But I’m growing more impatient by the minute.